Monday, January 12, 2009

The New Year

Wow does time fly. I can't believe that we are in the year 2009. It seems like just yesterday we were partying like its 1999. Well I thought that after the Christmas holidays things would slow down but that hasn't happened as of yet and I don't think it will until at least Feb. After the holidays were over we jumped right into the new year.
This past weekend we were supposed to go to a baby shower for one of my best friends Angie, except the baby decided that would be a good time to enter the world. So instead we decided to visit our parents. It was nice to be able to see them for a bit. Friday we headed to headed to Salt Lake to get Steves school books. Yes another year means another semester of school. He is doing really well and is starting to smell the sweet success of his labors. A year from now he should be done with his Associates Degree. It will be very nice to have him done. He is taking almost a full time schedule this semester to get done. Between that and a full time job, two kids, two dogs and a wife it doesn't leave a lot of extra time. But he is very dedicated and I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful husband that wants to better himself not only for himself but for his family to. He puts in very long hours during school time and yet makes time for his family too.
Next weekend we have another baby shower for my sister in law Heather. We are all very excited to have another baby in the family. I can't wait to meet her. Then Zaya has a dance recital the next weekend and we will finish off the month with the kids birthdays. They are both very excited for their birthdays. However Zaya is a little more excited for summer to come. I am asked everyday yes every single day when Lagoon is going to open and when the snow will melt to we can go camping. I have a feeling we are not going to be home a lot this summer.
This month Sam (our new dog) is going to start her much needed obedience classes. She is a very good dog and very smart but she is still a puppy, which the kids are not too happy about. She is a very affectionate dog and loves to sit on everyones lap (even though she is far from a lap dog). The kids are not to happy about that. They do not like it if a dog...well if a dog pretty much moves. They are used to Jasper who just sits there and does nothing but sleep. I have taught her how to wait for her food and does very well now. When we first got her she would jump and try to get her cup of food out of your hand. But now she just goes over and wait by the fridge while I feed her in the laundry room. She catches on very fast and I am hoping that holds true with her classes. She likes to try to play with Jasper (notice I say try) Jasper is really not a "player" and never really has been even when he was a puppy. He is seven years old now and just isn't really into the puppy thing. He tries to play and humor her but it usually ends up with a fight and someone (usually me) getting hurt. So hopefully this training will help everyone get along with everyone else.
The new year has also brought some great things to our family. Mostly Xavier is pretty much potty trained. For those of you that have been with me through this journey you know how good this is. I have been trying to potty train him for four months and has been doing well. Mostly I think because he doesn't want us to take away his big boy bed. But hey whatever it takes right. Also we bribe him with a peice of candy after he goes in the potty and Xavier LOVES candy. I am just happy all of the hard work has finally paid off. I have my kids mostly potty trained and my dogs mostly potty trained what more could anyone want.
I hope the new year has brought everyone a new beginning and that everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

Maxfields said...

Wow, you have been busy. I wish you a happy rest of the month. Good luck with the birthdays and such. Thank you for coming to see me in the hospital. You will have to come by the house sometime in the next few weeks. I would love to see you and the kids.
Love,
Angie