Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Camping at Palisades!


For the 24th of July weekend we went to Palisades State Park. This was our first time going so we had no idea what to expect. Although we have known people that have gone before and really liked it. We weren't exactly "roughing it" camping seeing we had full hook ups. Although because I am such a bright star we don't have air conditioning in our trailer. When we bought our trailer we had the choice whether to add on the air conditioner or not. I said well how often are we actually going to camp where we have full hookups? I think we have camped places more often with full hookups then without. Oh well, maybe some day we will get it put in but for now I can still feel like I am camping and not a complete wuss. Although in my own defense I asked why we needed a site with full hookups, it ended up being nice having them though because it was HOT and it was nice to know we had all the water we needed especially with two dirty kids. Anyway onto the trip. We got down there on Friday and relaxed. Saturday we decided to get a paddle boat. Steve kept telling me we need to get down there and get one. I was like I am sure they have enough. Come to find out we got the last one...I guess he was right on that one. We went down with Steves brother Danny his wife Heather and their baby Mylee. So we all took turns on the paddle boat. It was fun, the paddle boat sat four people. So we all took turns taking the kids around and Danny and Steve and the kids even did some fishing off of it. But with it so hot, we got really nasty really fast. I wanted to jump into the lake...but seeing I am not the best swimmer I decided aganist it. Well that and lakes stink. Sunday Danny and Heather left so we hung out for awhile then went down to the lake a little bit and let the kids play in the water. We took some walks, and there was even a playground for the kids to play on which made it really nice. The kids rode their bikes EVERYWHERE!! They got so many miles on those bikes this weekend. On Monday we took the kids down to the lake early hoping to get there before all the other people. Which we did but we found out why the lake is COLD in the morning, and seeing the kids don't like to go in very deep you never really got very warm. Seeing they just stood in the water we decided to go back up on the beach and let them play in the "sand" you see they say its sand but it looked more like gravel to me. But it was okay the kids had fun in it. We also took a walk down to a little store hoping to find some ice cream. They didn't have any, but they did have snow cones and we got one of those. Then went to town a little later for some ice cream. We had some very funny moments with the kids...and quite a few bumps and bruises. I think everyone got hurt except Steve. Xavier fell off his bike more times then I can count...but is a trooper and got right back on and did it again. Zaya fell off the picnic table the morning we were ready to leave and hurt her elbow, which she reminded me the whole way home. I don't know how exactly she managed to fall off the picnic table but Xavier informed but that she fell off the train. Who knows what they were doing. Then while we were on the paddle boats Xavier wanted to run the paddles so I sat him on my lap and evidently my leg was in the way because it got caught between the pedal and the boat. I could barely walk on it for days but is finally starting to feel better. All and all it was a good trip and we had a lot of fun. This was one of our last camping trips of the summer we are not looking forward to summers end. How did it go so fast. I will post a few pictures the rest will be on my facebook page.

No comments: