Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last weekend of Freedom

Well here it is the last unofficial weekend of summer. I don't know how it all happened so fast but some how it did, and honestly I don't like it. Tomorrow Zaya goes back to school, all day. What the heck how did she get so old. I swear I just barely had her. She is ready to go back I can't say the same for myself. I am not looking forward to the structured days of the school year. Getting up at a certain time, having kids dressed to go to school, running here and there. But like it or not its here and I have to deal with it. I must admit I woke up this morning...late and for a minute it smelled like fall and I actually liked it. However over the weekend we were out late and I was loving the summer nights that we really missed out on this year.
Well to end our last weekend of summer, we decided we were going to go out with a bang and thats what we did. We started off on Friday heading to Salt Lake for Steve to get his school books and parking permit for his upcoming classes which start on Wednesday. After that we went to lunch and headed to Lagoon. The kids of course were excited because they LOVE lagoon. We ended up not getting there until around 1:30-2:00ish and it was PACKED!!! I guess everyone had the same idea we did. Well that and a certain TV station was offering buy one get one free tickets I am sure that didn't help matters. But we tried to make the best of it. We rode a few rides and it was insanely hot. We ended up leaving around 7:00 then went and ate dinner and headed home. The next day we headed back into Salt Lake to get Steve some back to school clothes and shoes and wasted alot of time. We thought it was going to take a lot longer to get him what he needed then it did. But that night we want to THE MONSTER TRUCK JAM!!! It was awesome. Xavier loves Monster Trucks and I have always wanted to take him. It was supposed to be in June and we were going to take him then but they rescheduled it so we went Saturday night. They had a show at 2:00 and one at 7:00 and I was glad our tickets were for 7:00 because it was frying hot outside. The temperture gage in my car said 102 and it felt every degree of it. But it wasn't long before the sun started to go behind the stadim and it was so cool. They did a great job and put on an awesome show. I have a few pictures that I will post when I get them dowloaded. I didn't get very good pictures though. We just took our old digital camera so we didn't have to carry the big one. But I will post what I have. Then Sunday we relaxed. We took the kids and the dogs for a walk and just enjoyed out last day of freedom.
Tomorrow Zaya will start school, then Wednesday Steve starts school. He has a full course load ahead of him this semester he is taking three classes which will put him a credit or two shy of full time. I feel for him it will be a hard semester. Xavier starts school in two weeks and Zaya starts dance again in two weeks. I am starting to wonder if I will ever be home.
Heres to upcoming adventures, may we all embrace and endure.

No comments: