Wow I can't believe that it is already almost the 4th of July. Where has the summer gone? We have been running all summer. I never have any idea if I am coming or going. I thought with Zaya off of school and dance for the summer we would have been able to relax...boy was I wrong. I think we have been running more now then we did when she was in school. Well after we came home from Disneyland we finished up the year with Zaya graduating from Kindergarten, my baby where has the time gone. I don't know how she has grown up so fast. She is 6 going on 16. We also registered Xavier for preschool...preschool, what the heck? I didn't know whether to send him this next year or not but seeing Zaya is going to be in school all day I figured he would be bored out of his mind home with me all day every day. Now lets just hope he stays without crying. If not I guess I will have another year with him but I do think he will enjoy it once he gets started. He says that he wants to go so we'll see. We also got in our first camping trip in May. We just went up to Grantsville but we had fun. The kids LOVE the four wheeler so they got to go four wheeling with dad and uncle Danny quite a bit. Then all also got in some fishing. The last night it POURED!! We got so wet...well Steve got wet trying to get everything out of the rain and under the trailer. And Sam decided she didn't want to be in her kennel and stay dry she wanted to play in the rain. When we came home everything was COVERED in mud. We even had to put the truck in four wheel drive just to get out from where we were camping. Luckily we got the truck and trailer out okay, but once we got home it was clean up time. We left Sam in the backyard till we could give her a bath. Steve just sprayed her down with the hose and she was not happy. Of course in May it wasn't that warm yet. We sprayed down the trailer, the four wheeler, Sams kennel, Sam...everything. Finally we got everything cleaned up just in time for the next trip.
After school was done we headed up to Lagoon for another camping trip. The kids love to camp at Lagoon. Not really camping if you ask me, but they love it. And its nice not having to drive all the way back home at 10 or 11 o'clock at night. Once again we got rained on. We went up Friday but it wasn't open Friday (much at Zayas dismay). When we pulled into the camping area Friday she said "I'm so excited I think my heart just stopped beating" it was so funny. This was our first trip to Lagoon this year and she couldn't wait. But when we woke up Saturday morning it was raining, and it was a cold rain. So we decided to take the kids up to Layton to the movies and by the time the movie was over it was bright and sunny. We didn't know it but the park closed early that day because of the rain but luckily we stayed till Monday so the kids had all day Sunday to play at the park and boy did they play.
We took another camping trip to Lagoon this past weekend and guess what...you guessed it, it rained. For crying out loud its Utah people it never rains this much in Utah. Luckily it wasn't until late Friday that it started raining. So they played most of the day Friday and all day Saturday. This is the first year that Zaya has been able to ride the roller coasters and...she did. I was kind of suprised. Even though she loves to spin she hates to be up high. But she went and she loved them. She rode the White Roller Coaster last time and didn't like that much because she comes up out of the seat. But this time she rode the Bat, the Spider and the Wild Mouse and she loved them all. They also ride the other littler rides like the scrambler, tilt a whirl, rollo planes and ones like that. She keeps trying to convince we that she wants to ride the screamer...I'm not so sure about that. Poor Xavier keeps waiting for his turn to ride all the big rides. I keep telling him he has a while to go but he insists on measuring himself for every ride. It doesn't matter he can't grown 6 inches in an hour but we try anyway. He always tries to get on his tippy toes or stand on the curb to be tall enough but I always catch him. He also got hurt 4 times when we were at Lagoon this time. This poor kid, I don't think there is ever a time he doesn't have a bruise or gash on him.
Zaya also went to her eye doctor and he said that her eyes are doing better then they ever have before. She has 20/25 vision with glasses so we are very happy about that. She will also be able to wear contacts when she gets older which will be nice.
Last week I finally got my braces off. I am very excited. There has been a lot of headaches and mouth aches but it was all worth it. I am very pleased with the outcome. Now I am going next week to start my teeth whitening. I can't wait.
Well I think I finally have everyone caught up on our world. Its been a crazy summer. Sorry I don't have any pictures. I had some of Zayas graduation but they accidently got erased from the camera and we didn't take the camera the last two times to Lagoon because we always end up on the water rides. Hopefully I will get some soon. Happy 4th of July to everyone!!
1 comment:
Holy Crap, you got your braces off! I can't wait to see you! I bet you are so excited! You need to post before and after pictures. Sounds like you guys have been way busy. Thanks for taking time during all of that to watch Xander. He thanks you and I thank you!
Post a Comment