Friday, April 8, 2011

What we've been up to

So now that the calender says that winter is over (Mother nature evidently didn't buy a calender this year) I guess I should catch up on what we did all winter. December is always a busy month for us getting ready for Christmas. We put up our tree shortly after Thanksgiving. The kids were so excited for Christmas. We even put up Christmas lights on the house which was a first for us. And possiably the last it was horrible. Now I know why people leave them up year round. We have our 2nd annual Christmas dinner with Steve's shop and it was a lot of fun. We went to Madeline's Steak house this year and it was so yummy. We also did our annual trip to the Polar Express and stayed the night in Heber. It was a lot of fun. They ended up changing it this year which was kind of a bummer but we still had fun. We also went and saw the Christmas lights at Thanksgiving Point. We were hoping to do a trolley ride but when we got out there they were sold out. So we ended up doing the ha y ride and it was still lots of fun. January brought on lots of activities. The week after Christmas we went to see the Monster Truck Show. It was so much fun. We had front row tickets and it was so amazing. Except for the last time we went to a Monster Truck show it was outside alot less smell and noise but it was still fun. Then after that Steve and I went to see Jeff Dunham oh my gosh I have never laughed so hard in my life. It was an amazing show. I wish we were able to see it where we could have been closer but it was still so cool just being there. Steve and I forgot how old we are getting though. We didn't get home till almost midnight and both had to be up early the next morning. It was worth the lack of sleep for sure though. Then after that we had both kids birthdays and Azzayah's dance recital. January was really a busy month for us. We also managed to squeeze in buying a new truck. Its not new new but its new to us. Bigger than our old truck and newer. Heres to hoping this one pulls our trailer better than the other one did. Febuary we also had some fun. A friend of mine gave me tickets to see a circus that had come to town. I wasn't sure how it was going to be. I mean after all we do live in Tooele. But the kids really wanted to go so we did. Oh man it was such an amazing show. My heart was pounding every minute of it. They all work without nets and with some of the stunts they do you wonder what would happen if they fell. They had a couple close calls but no one fell and it was a GREAT show I was so thankful for the tickets. I also won free tickets to another Monster Truck show so we went to that one also. It was also a really good show. Not as good of tickets as the first show but they were good and it was a good show. March was pretty uneventful in comparision to the other two months. We are very antsy for spring to get here. We were able to take the four wheeler out once and it just gave me spring fever that much worse. We are excited for spring break. We are taking our trailer out for the first time this year. Heres to hoping the weather gets better before we go. Xavier has started soccer and is very excited to be doing something again. Azzayah got straight 4's on her report card again this term. I am so very proud of her she is a very smart girl. We registered her for summer dance and shes going to be doing a pre pointe ballet class. No performaces YEAH! But she does get to be in the parades if she wants to be. We are getting ready to register Xavier for swimming lessons. And the kids watch the weather all the time for the first good weekend so we can go to Lagoon for the first time this year. I tell them we have months ahead of us. But I guess it doesn't matter they don't want to go in months they want to go NOW. I have also registered for the Race for the Cure 5K walk/run. I am excited I have never done a 5K before and I am not really a runner so we will see how it goes. Steve has been looking for jobs to prepare for the inevitable. He did have one interview and they were about ready to offer him the job but unfortunatly the pay wasn't what we are used to and although he is willing to take somewhat of a cut in pay for a job he knows will be there longer than 2 years (or atleast hope) we just couldn't take that much of a pay cut right now. But he is happy where he is so we aren't really in too much of a hurry. Well I think thats our couple months in a nut shell hopefully I will get better at blogging and can keep up more often. I hope to get pictures of our camping trip on here after we get back. Notice I said try no one hold your breath.

No comments: