Friday, April 22, 2011

Our Spring Break Vacation

Every year for spring break we say that we are going to go camping and every year we don't. back in January when we bought our truck I said this year we are going to do it we are going camping and we did. I had a lot of fun despite the constant wind and chilly tempertures. We decided to go to Huntington State Park. I haven't really been to that side of Utah much and I must say I was in total amazement the whole time we were there. I was a little worried about driving down Spanish Fork Canyon. I have heard of so many accidents on that road but oh my gosh it is so pretty driving through that canyon and I am so glad we decided to go the way that we did. Once we got to the campground it was pretty late so we just got every thing set up and hung out and did a little fishing. We were literly 20 steps from the water it was so nice. The next day we decided to let the kids ride their bikes and I decided before we even left we needed to attempt to take Xavier's training wheels off. Its was the perfect place for it lots of places for him to ride. So we took his training wheels off and headed for an empty lot. Steve held on for a minute then let go and Xavier rode and rode and rode I told Steve run up and show him your not holding on, he did and he still kept going. I was an amazement. After that he rode his bike everywhere like a pro. There were a few spills nothing to major though and every time he jumped back up and did it again. We all did get battle wounds from the sun that day. We all got sunburned we haven't gotten alot of sun this year so it didn't even dawn on me to bring sunscreen opps. We did end up going to a very small town to get some sunscreen we didn't get any more burned the rest of the trip.
The next day was so windy and we could barely be outside so we decided to go see this San Rafel Lookout. I have to say right now I have the most amazing husband his is something I wanted to see and to see it you had to drive down a dirt road 20 miles. Steve thought nothing of it he was like if you want to see it we will go. I have to say it was worth every mile I was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I hope to get the pictures on facebook soon so every one can see. I could have sat there and watched it all day. It was simply breath taking. If you ever go out that way that is something you simply must see or go just to see it you won't be disappointed. Well of course because I am an adventurer it couldn't end there. You could go back the way you came which of course would be 20 miles or you could keep on the dirt road 30 miles and see more. Oh yes we went down the 30 mile way and it was just 30 miles to a paved road then another probably 50 miles back to camp from there. But oh was it worth it. There was so many amazing rock formations and pictographs I could go all over there for hours. Oh if I would have just had my four wheeler you wouldn't have seen me for days there is so much to see out there. I was in awe. And once again thank you to my wonderful husband for taking me all over the middle of nowhere. We never thought we would be gone for 4 hours so we were quite hungry by the time we got back to camp but I think both Steve and I were glad that we made the treck down that dirt road. The kids didn't get the amazement Steve and I did but thats okay because I loved it.
Monday we did some more fishing and hanging out. There was a trail around the lake that was close to 3 miles and we walked that a couple of times throughout the trip even though the kids complained about it the whole time. There was also a dirt hill that Xavier and I had to climb a couple of times.
Tuesday it wasn't too bad in the morning but later once again it got windy so we decided to go to Price and get gas in the truck for the next day and go to the Prehistoric Museum. It was pretty interesting. Xavier was a little upset there weren't more dinosaurs and Azzayah was mad she didn't get to see a T-Rex. The dinosaurs that were in that museum were just the ones that they have pulled out of Utah. We tried to explain that to them but they didn't really care they wanted to see all the dinosaurs. Oh well we tried. While we were there Steve got a bunch of tourist things, pamphlets of different areas and stuff like that. On it we saw there was the Crandle Canyon Mine memorial so we went and saw that it was just down from our campsite not to far. We also we up the canyon a little farther and saw the Huntington Power Plant.
In some of the books Steve got there were things for Moab and Canyonlands. I can't wait till we can make another trip and see Goblin Valley and Canyonlands and Moab. We have such a beautiful state and you can see so much here. I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband who loves to go out and do these wild adventures with me and who wants to go and see all these wonderful things with me. I am truely blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

No comments: