Wow so am I just the biggest blog slacker or what? So many changes have been happening at our house the past few months I really have no idea where to begin. Lets begin in the summer. What a great summer we had. Although I think I say that every year really. We started off of course with Lagoon season tickets. I don't know if we went as much as we normally do but we did get a few trips and a few camping trips. It was so cold for so long last summer we didn't know if we would have be able to really camp. Xavier of course did his usual swimming lessons and we had a blast at the pool having our lazy days. I really wish summer could last longer than it does. But alas it did come to an end and it was back to school time.
I had to send my baby off to a big kid school this year. It wasn't really an adjustment having him gone so much because he went four days a week last year, I think for me it was the fact that my baby is no longer a baby and I had to put him on the bus and hope he would be okay. He of course was bit it is still hard for me to believe some days just how old my kids are. Both kids have seemed to like their teachers this year so I am really happy and they are doing great which is even better.
Right before Halloween Steve and I got the oppertunity to go to Colorado for him to see the new site that is being built there and talk with some managers. We also found out that there would be a job opening coming up doing about what he is doing here in Tooele. Once it opened we decided to see what happened and he put in for it.
We went on with all of our holiday hustle and bustle and to add a little more stress to it all we decided to put our house up for sale. We knew whether Steve got the job or not more than likely we were going to need to move for employment so we put it up in hopes of something good to happen. Unfortunatly for us the market sucks right now. So eventually we decided we would try to possibly rent it in hopes that maybe whoever rented it would eventually want to buy it.
We got through Thanksgiving and started into December and Steve hadn't heard anything about the job. He didn't hear about an interview and didn't hear he didn't get it. Finally the middle of December he got a phone call saying they wanted to interview him. So he flew out there for 2 days, just days before we were scheduled to do our annual trip on the Polar Express. Luckily he got back in time and everything was great except for our nerves on will he got the job or not. We knew whatever happened would happen for the right reasons. A week went by and he heard nothing and finally called the manager that figured seeing he hadn't recieved a call about the job he didn't get it. Too bad for us that we already had rented our house! Really? So we went off and found a house in Tooele to rent for 6 months in hopes that he would find something in that time and we could figure out what is next. The weeek after we signed papers for a lease....they called him about the job and wanted to hire him. Heaven help me. So the day after Christmas we were packing up our house for our renters to move in and we had to find a place to live until we moved to Colorado. So luckily my mom was able to get us into some temporary housing on the army depot until Steve needs to report to Colorado.
It has been a whirl wind of emotions and trails but we got through it kicking and I really think I am a stronger person because of it. I have always been the type of person that needs to know where I am going and how I am going to get there. This has made me see you can't always have a clear vision of your path but with faith you will make it through. I know there is no other place for me other than by Steve's side. That as long as we are together it doesn't matter where home is because home is being together as a family. I know that even though all the trails and ups and downs were hard they were there to make me see a bigger picture...that sometimes you just have to fly by the seat of your pants. I also know that as long as I have Steve by my side I can make it through anything. He is such an amazing husband and father and I am so blessed to have him in my life, to lift me up and guide me through during those times you just want to sit down and cry.
Now as I get ready to take this amazing leap of faith into a new chapter in my life I think back at the amazing people I have been so blessed to know and be apart of their life. I will never forget the amazing times I have had here in Utah. All of my friends and family have made me who I am today. So hopefully once I get there I will be better about keeping my posts updated.
Off to the next chapter...
1 comment:
We are going to miss you guys here in Utah! I admire your courage. Nic and I have considered moving now and then for Nic's work, and the idea just terrifies me! But I know you guys are going to do great and that this will really bring your family even closer.
I just wanted to tell you a couple of things too. First, I am so glad that you married my cousin. I can't imagine our family without you! And second, I have always admired your marriage. You and Steve are just so good together. It makes me smile to see how you work together and love each other. And it's even better because you've got each other for forever!
Good luck to you guys in everything! Love you guys! Jolene
Post a Comment