Monday, April 12, 2010

Time...

Why or why can't time slow done. It seems like school just started and its already almost over. My baby girl is going to be in second grade...second grade she is knocking on the door of 8. I just can't seem to figure out how time flies by so fast without us realizing it. I guess we are just so caught up in the day to day you don't realize when weeks have gone by. Xavier is finishing up his first year of preschool thank goodness he isn't going into kindergarten yet...I am really not ready for that and I don't think he is either. He LOVES his preschool and his teachers Miss Debbie and Miss Heather.
Our summer rush has seemed to already begin. Azzayah decided she wanted to try soccer this year. Normally I do not like the kids to do more than one activity at a time but seeing it was at the end of the dance year I told her she could try it and see which one she likes more dance or soccer. Because next year there would only be one thing that she could do. So she is doing soccer and dance and Xavier is doing soccer. Azzayah has dance and soccer practice on Wednesdays (thank goodness for small favors) and Xavier has practice on Tuesdays. Not to mention school Tuesday and Thursdays. This is exactly why they are both only allowed to do one activity at a time because it just get too busy otherwise. So although Azzayah does like soccer she decided she likes dance better. Which I kind of figured she would. That is why I let her to two things at once because she LOVES dance and I would hate to see her miss out on a whole year for nothing. But she also decided she wants to do dance through the summer so that she can be on the 4th of July float. Come on just a few months of rest...guess not. Oh well. At least we will be down to one day a week one hour a day.
Steve is just a couple weeks away from graduation and I have just started to count down the hours. It will be so nice to have him all to ourselves for awhile. Even though we all know he is far from being done he will have a nice break. He doesn't plan to start again until his job is done with Battelle. So we have at least a year of bliss.
Both kids had their first soccer games on Saturday and did great. It was quite chilly in the morning but they sucked it up and did great. Even Xavier who usually complains the minute we get into the grocery store that he is tired of walking ran up and down the field trying to get the ball and even when the coach pulled him out to let other kids have a turn he would tell his coach I am not tired yet. I am glad to see that he enjoys himself. After their first game we headed to Lagoon for our first time and far from our last time this season. Unfortuntatly we didn't get a lot of time there. It still closes pretty early but the kids got an early taste of whats to come. And all three kids (yes Steve being the other one, don't get any ideas) want to go back again this weekend. They have all been informed that we will not be going up every weekend we still have a lot of work to do around the house. But the kids were so good Xavier never complained about walking and was actually really good about waiting. Usually we have some pretty good melt downs about the lines. I just keep thinking do you remember Disneyland this is nothing.
It been a really good start to the summer and I just hope it doesn't go by to fast. This is one of my favorite times of the year. We aren't busy with the hustle and bustle of life (well at least soon we won't be...hopefully) we get to go camping and 4 wheeling and have our trips to Lagoon with the kids. Its a great time that we have to be together as a family and I really treasure these times...so please please Father Time let the clock go by just a little slower this summer.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

That's so smart to not let your kids get too busy! I see so many families who are so busy they never see each other and the mom is just driving all day long from one activity to the next. I'm glad to hear that the kids are having fun. And I hear you on end-of-school count downs. Nic doesn't know it yet, but I've got a monster honey-do list for him the minute he graduates! =)