Tuesday, December 7, 2010

She did it!

So for months now I have not been able to download my pictures onto the internet. I have been so frustrated with it. But yesterday my wonderful tech savvy husband gave me one last thing to to try before we broke down and bought a new modem. And guess what...IT WORKED. So although I really don't have time to go back and catch up my blog I will put a few new things on. For all the picture for the past couple of months check out my facebook page they are all one there. So here is goes...


A few weeks ago Azzayah came home and told me that she wanted to do a Reflections Project. Well I am not a crafty person and was really not too excited about the whole idea but I humored her and said well what will you even do for it. Because you see it has to go along with a theme and the theme for this year was "together we can". So without even thinking about it she said I will draw a picture of me and Xavier planting a flower together. I was like well okay I guess. So she went and got a paper so we knew all the rules. I went and got her a board to do it on and she came home the next day and was ready to go. By this point she only had like two days left to turn it in. She came home and in 5 minutes was like I am done. I was like what already you just started. She was like I finished mom. I was like whatever its your project. Well the time went by and we got something saying you are invited to a ceremony for the Reflections. I was like great they aren't even saying if she got an award or not and if she goes and doesn't get anything it is going to break her heart. But we still went and guess what...SHE WON. Okay she didn't win first place, if you win first place you go onto the regional level. But she did get a trophy...an award of merit or something like that and she was so happy I wish everyone could see her face. And she even got a trophy not just a ribbon so she was really excited about that. I guess I need to listen to her more often. You need to let them try or you will never know if they will win.


You go Zaya I am so proud of you and always knowing that you can accomplish anything you want in life. More updates to come soon so watch out for them.

1 comment:

Maxfields said...

Oh, that is so awesome! Congrats, Zaya! That is so great! And what a good lesson to learn too. Sometimes you just have to let them try so they can succeed! : )
Love, Angie